Sunday, March 30, 2008

How ya Living?

Dear Friend,

When I first gave my life to the Lord I felt inadequate because I wasn't raised in the church. It wasn't a priority growing up. I didn't know many scriptures, like some people did. I would be amazed at the number of scriptures people in church could just quote.

Because my husband was raised in church, graduated from a Christian school and came from a family of Bishops, Evangelists & Preachers, he knew the word and the location of every book in the bible. It would take me 10 minutes to find Micah, and I would pray the preacher wouldn't want to preach out of Obadiah because I didn't even know Obadiah was a book in the bible. (smile) Can I be real? I quickly learned it's not the number of scriptures one knew by heart but what was in their heart.

Pastor Lillard of New Bethel COGIC in Norfolk, VA would always say, "It don't matter what folks say about you and the lies they tell. Your job is to make sure what they say are actually lies."

How ya living?

Do you know where every book in the bible is but still cussing folks out? Are you in church every time the door opens but are the main one causing friction in the house of God? If it is you, it's ok. The first step in change is admitting you need to change. And we all fall short, so don't beat yourself up.

We sometimes must step back and ask, "Is it me Lord?"

And allow Him to answer.

Blessings,

Nicole



News You Can Use

One in 4 Teen Girls Has a Sexually Transmitted Disease

"What we found is alarming," Dr. Sara Forhan, from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said during a teleconference Tuesday. "One in four female adolescents in the U.S. has at least one of the four most common STDs that affects women."

Learn more here.



Network News

The D.I.V.A Conference

WHEN: Saturday, March 29, 2008
TIME: 9 am - 1 pm
WHERE: Holiday Inn Select Hotel
N Military Highway
Norfolk VA
COST: $25 per person

Register today by calling 757-576-2279 or sending an e-mail to blezzed2006@juno.com.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Homebuyers Workshop
WHEN: April 5, 2008
TIME: 12 pm - 1:30 pm

Topics inlcude First-Time Home buyers programs, Closing Cost Assistance, and more.

To register contact, Deborah at 757-536-6555, Robin at 757-287-3915, or Darlene at 757-892-9551.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Issues Concerning Women, Inc

"Angels of Hope" Prayer Breakfast

WHEN: April 5, 2008
TIME: 9 am - 12 pm
WHERE: The Murray Center
455 E Brambleton Ave
Norfolk, VA
COST: Donation of $20 add $1 for Paypal

For more information, visit www.comeanddoit.com.



The Pros & Cons of Social Networks

My Space, Facebook,Shoutlife and Linked In are just a few online social networks society has grown to embrace. Is it a benefit or just a waste of valuable time? Listen to interview with network industry expert Pam Perry as she shares how she has embraced these networks in a Godly way.

Breathe Again Magazine interviews Pam Perry of Ministry Marketing Solutions

Listen to our show here.



Nicole's Pick of the Week

Each week I will share something I have come across via email or via the web.

This week I am featuring Nathan Richardson's poetic version of "The Age Every Girl Wants to Be" I pray you enjoy it as much as I did.

Click here to watch the video.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home