Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Frustration was an understatement!

Dear Friend,

My day was planned. It was a nice, mild temperature day in February. The sun was shining and I was armed with my Saturday "to do" list. My 9 yr old had an early basketball game (so that was a blessing). The nail shop, bank, post office and a few other tasks should be completed by 5pm (at the latest) and I could be relaxing and maybe even taking a nap by 6pm .

So why is it 8:30pm and I'm standing in the checkout line at Walmart?

Frustration was an understatement !

My pastor teaches - if you pray for patience, expect to be tried. I am in full agreement with him but that is not my prayer. SO WHY WAS I BEING TESTED IN WALMART?

Duh! It was the 1st week of the month. (I made a vow to never go to Walmart around the 1st of the month.) There is never any bread, ramen noodles and my sea shell pasta is always out of stock. There were shoppers with two and three carts. Shrimp, steak and many items that are never on my list overflowed their shopping carts. Each time I go grocery shopping, my calculator must be in hand.

Something was wrong. My day was not supposed to go like this.

Isn't that just like God. What we want and what God has planned is very different.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Jeremiah 29:11

We knew who we would marry, how many kids we would have, where we would reside and work. But God will step in and say NOT! That's how it works.

Just know that whatever you think should happen - may not be how it will happen.

Be Encouraged and don't give up. If life is not going as planned-- keep living. It's just a detour.

Stay Blessed

Nicole



Book Review: Girl, Get Your Credit Straight!


Do you need to fix your credit?

Girl, Get Your Credit Straight!: A Sister's Guide to Ditching Your Debt, Mending Your Credit, and Building a Strong Financial Future by Glinda Bridgforth.

Not only does this book cause one to see the truth about their current financial situation, it offers surgery for the pocketbook, credit score, and finances.

Finish the book review here.



The Truth About Abdominal Fat


Millions of people may in fact be satisfied with their over-all body shape but when it comes to getting a flat mid-section, they are completely at a lost as to how they can effectively target that problematic area. Here is the "flat out" truth about getting flatter abs.

Finish the story here.



Gone Too Soon: Mother Is Gone Too Soon


That title seems a bit misleading. It's always too soon to lose your mother, whether you have her 20, 40 or even 60 years. Some say losing a child is the hardest thing a woman can endure. Others say it's losing her mother. I've been through both - and doubt I'll ever be able to say any more than that it's life changing to lose the link in either direction.

Finish the story here.



News You Can Use


Do you enjoy a wedge of lemon with your water or iced tea when you eat at a restaurant? Well, you'll be shocked by what this video shows. Two out of every three restaurant lemon wedges tested in a study were covered in disease-causing bacteria -- including fecal bacteria. A total of 25 different, and potentially dangerous, microorganisms were discovered on the wedges.

Watch the tell all video here.


email: info@breatheagain.org
web: www.breatheagainmagazine.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home