Monday, October 22, 2007

That was so dumb….

Can You Buy PEACE ???

If you could pay for peace would you buy it?

When I say peace I mean, stillness, calmness, serenity…. Oh yes, the peace that passes all understanding.

Of course we all know that you can’t actually pay for peace in your mind or peace in your home. That comes by the way of prayer (for me).

Let’s rewind back to June 2007. We were planning for our very 1st anniversary celebration. Wanting to do it the right way was priority.
I wanted it to be a day I would always remember. Our very 1st anniversary for the magazine; this day would never come back again. We needed memories. The question came up whether or not to hire a photographer.

If you know anything about me you know I am cheap (or as Libby says, “I am frugal”). So the answer to that question was a big fat NO. I could take the pictures myself (like I didn’t have anything else to do). Besides, the rate was $100 per hour.

Of course the day of the event I was running like a turkey around the Thanksgiving holiday. I grabbed a teenager and told him to take the pictures.
I was much too busy. We had honorees to present awards to. Speeches that needed to be made. Guests to be greeted. Oh, yes I was running. ….

We had some great photos of the attendees, the soloist, the honorees.
Lena and I even took some amazing photos outside to always remember this special occasion. It was truly a night to remember.

Weeks after the event I went to retrieve the photos from my camera. They were to be posted on a special page dedicated to the anniversary celebration.

I was so excited. We could share with the world our special moment, our special day. We had a nice turnout, and the honorees looked beautiful. The awards were magnificent.

With USB cable in hand & digital camera ready to go, we were all set.

Then it happened! The camera read “NO IMAGES ON CARD.”

Ok, this has got to be a mistake. My heart was pounding. I clicked it again.

“NO IMAGES ON CARD”

“No, this can not be happening,” I thought.

The message never went away and the images on the card were lost.

Gone FOREVER.

Our very 1st and the only anniversary photos—gone forever.


My Lesson

I realized (after beating myself up) all of this would have been avoided if I gave this assignment to a professional. Paid a professional. Someone more qualified than myself to handle this task. Someone that could have handled the project from start to finish.

My initial question was, “Can you buy PEACE?”

Realistically you can not purchase peace with US Treasury. But you can have a peace of mind by creating a plan, assigning tasks to qualified individuals and just asking for help. God has placed people around you to assist you. Use them. (I will take my own advice next time.) And we can grow together. (smile)

Thanks for allowing me to share.

Stay Blessed

Nicole

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home