Thursday, August 09, 2007

August 8 Newsletter

Dear Friend,

Are you being choked by Ivy?

A few weeks ago we had a landscaper come to our house and give us some estimates on doing some yard work. Well he ended up giving me the topic of this newsletter (as well as a very reasonable estimate)

We got to the side of my house and we have some ivy growing on our bricks. I always thought it added something to the house, my husband thinks it's an eyesore. The gentleman proceeded to tell me that the ivy was sucking the moisture out of the bricks with it's tentacles (he even showed me the tentacles).

Ok, moisture....bricks... sucking lthe ife out of it? I still wasn't convinced. We have a window by the ivy and the gentlemen even said if I was to open the window the ivy would start making it's way in the house. At this point I just stood there (even thought about experimenting and opening the window just to see if it would start growing in the window). But why? When we are warned about something why do we ignore the signs?

What a revelation, I thought. He even showed me the roots and if I planted anything in the ground the ivy would wrap it's roots around the flower and choke and kill it.

Do you have anything sucking the life out of you? What about people? Do you have anyone around you that is draining you?

If so, make the decision to let it and them go! I have learned the best thing I can do is pray for people. Near and far.

Stay Blessed

Nicole

PS. The landscaper is coming back to remove the ivy from my bricks. I am letting go.


News You Can Use

E-Card Spam Scam

It's sad but the spammers are sending e- cards now. Have you noticed an influx of e- mails stating you received an e-card from a worshipper? How about an e-card from a friend? Whatever you do... DO NOT OPEN.

read the entire posting here.


A Breath of Fresh Air Promo

Do you need a break? How about A Breath of Fresh Air?

On October 12, 2007 Breathe Again Magazine presents A Breath of Fresh Air IV -- Back to School Get Away for Mom

Stay Tuned for more information


Christian women leaders

Are you feeling burned out and rejected? Are you questioning your leadership gift? There is a biblical resource that provides you with inspiration, motivation and balanced information created just for you. Want to learn more? Click here!


Upcoming Stories

Be Featured in Breathe Again Magazine

Do you have a powerful testimony that you feel will encourage & empower our readers? If so fill out our testimony submission form located on our blog.


Ask The Career Engineer

Q: I am having information overload! I have read so many books on interviewing, watched videos and have been given advice from everyone on the planet. I continue to get interviews, however, I walk out of the office totally defeated and I know my interview skills are "poor." I get so nervous and uncomfortable, what can I do?

Shawna, K., Norfolk, VA.........

Click here to see the response


Stay Blessed

Nicole Cleveland
Breathe Again Magazine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home